Serves 4 to 6
½ pound ground turkey
1 cup whole grain elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
1 large green bell pepper, diced
2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
1 (10-oz) can tomato sauce
1 package of prepared taco seasoning mix
1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn kernels
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown ground turkey in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green bell pepper and tomatoes, stirring to combine.
3. Cook until vegetables soften, about 3 minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce and taco seasoning, stirring to combine. Place turkey mixture into a large bowl. Add beans, corn, and cooked macaroni noodles. Stir well to combine.
5. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the casserole.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheesy is bubbly.