Halloween is right around the corner. To keep your family healthy and safe this upcoming Halloween, here are some health & safety Halloween tips:
1) Feed your child a nutritious meal before trick or treating
2) Stay in groups and have an adult supervise
3) Make sure your children wear reflective clothing or tape, or glow sticks/bracelets
4) Look both ways before crossing the street
5) Stay on the sidewalk when possible
5) Check your children’s candy before eating
You can also lighten the leftover candy load by giving your child a choice to gain other fun items in place of their candy. Ask your child if they’d like to trade candy for other non-food items (such as staying up late one night, picking dinner, etc.). You can also give away extra candy to the troops, or sell it to a buy-back program at a local dentist office and allow your kids to use that money to buy a toy instead. Helping them make healthy choices now will set them up for a lifetime of success!
‘Tis the pumpkin season! Thursday is National Pumpkin Day and we’ve got the perfect recipe… our Whole-Wheat Pumpkin Streusel Bread. Click here for full recipe details.
Have a Spooktacular month,
– Your friends at WT Cafe