1 pound ground turkey
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs (whole grain if possible)
1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, finely diced
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup mirin
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. In a bowl mix together the ground turkey, egg, Panko, water chestnuts, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and salt.
2. Using a small scoop (1-2 tablespoon) make the meatballs and roll into balls with your hands. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, whisk together water, soy sauce, chicken broth, mirin, brown sugar, and cornstarch until there are no lumps. Bring to a simmer over medium heat until thick and glossy.
4. Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add all the meatballs and cook, rolling until brown all over, about 5 minutes.
5. Turn heat to low. Stir teriyaki sauce and add to skillet, being sure to coat the meatballs. Cook for a minute or two shaking skillet to roll meatballs in the teriyaki sauce.
Delicious as a meal over brown rice or enjoy by themselves!