A genius way to get your children to eat their veggies… inside a brownie! These tasty brownies are made with zuchini and beets which up the nutrient factor. Pro tip: use a heart shaped cookie cutter and serve for a treat on Valentine’s Day. ❤
2 cups zucchini finely chopped or grated
1 cup cooked beets, pureed
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup organic canola oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups whole grain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Coat a 9×13-inch pan with nonstick spray.
3. Combine finely chopped zucchini and beet puree in a large bowl. Sprinkle sugar over veggies and stir to combine.
4. Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and stir just until well combined.
5. Pour brownie batter in the prepared pan.
6. Top with chocolate chips and bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.