⅓ cup melted canola oil
½ cup honey or pure maple syrup
2 eggs at room temperature
1 cup pumpkin purée
¼ cup milk of choice
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon allspice or cloves
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together together with a whisk. Add the eggs and whisk until blended.
3. Add the pumpkin purée, milk, pumpkin spice, baking soda, vanilla and salt, and whisk to blend. Stir in the flour, just until combined. (Some lumps are ok.) Gently fold in pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
4. Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you’d like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
5. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.