Not sure what to do with all of that leftover turkey? For a fresh take on this year’s leftovers see our recipe below!
(Serves 8 – 10)
2 (32-oz) cartons low-sodium chicken (or chicken bone) broth
3 cups shredded cooked turkey
1 (15-oz) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15-oz) package frozen kernal corn
1/2 cup favorite homemade or store-bought salsa
5 soft corn tortillas, cut into 1/4-inch strips
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Fresh lime wedges, for serving
Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
1. Combine the first five ingredients in a large pot; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Meanwhile, spread tortilla strips in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4. Bake at 400° 4-6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
5. Stir cilantro into soup. Top with tortilla strips and serve with lime wedges and cheese.