2 cups quick oats
1 cup crispy brown rice cereal
2 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
1/4 cup sunflower butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper, letting excess hang over sides.
2. Combine the oats, cereal, dried cranberries, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir and set aside.
3. Combine butter, brown sugar, honey and sunflower butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to bubble.
4. Once bubbling, cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Stir in the oat and cereal mixture. Stir until well coated. Pour into the prepared pan and press the mixture evenly into the pan.
6. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
7. Use parchment overhang to remove from pan. Cut into bars and serve, or wrap individually and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
The perfect after-school snack to welcome them home from their first days back at school!