1 1/2 cups quinoa
4 cups chicken broth or chicken bone broth, divided
4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
4 cloves garlic
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 bunch asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces
2 1/2 cups frozen peas
6 ounces pesto
Fresh parsley, chives, and/or basil
Parmesan cheese for topping
1. Combine quinoa and 3 cups broth in a large saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
4. Add chicken to skillet, seasoning with salt and pepper, and sauté until lightly golden and cooked through.
5. Remove chicken from pan and return to heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and asparagus to pan; sauté until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
6. Add peas to skillet and stir until peas are heated through.
7. Combine cooked quinoa, chicken, and vegetables in a large bowl. Add additional broth, if needed. Stir in pesto.
8. Top each serving with fresh herbs and Parmesan.