Dear WT Cafe Families,
What a difference a month makes! The past four weeks have changed our lives in countless ways and we are all trying to keep our loved ones safe alongside this highly contagious Coronavirus that we can’t (yet) control.
Surviving this crisis together as a family is no small task. No one is immune to the struggle of uprooted daily routines and striving to achieve a “new normal” way of life. Having little ones to keep entertained 24/7 can feel exhausting, so we have put together a list and some ideas for keeping you and your kiddos occupied (and sane) during this surreal time in our world’s history.
Top 12 Things to do as a Family:
1) Rotate Meal Prep – create a weekly dinner menu, everyone picks a day to develop the entree, sides, desserts. If it’s your day, you’re responsible for helping cook! What a great way to introduce your kids to basic cooking skills and build their self confidence.
2) Take Free Virtual Tours Online – just google “free virtual tours” tours from world class museums from the Vatican to famous National Parks
3) Facetime or Zoom with Friends and Family – even if they live down the street!
4) Cook a New Recipe Together – see our March recipe below or browse our complete recipe catalog
5) Go on a Nature Hunt – how many different items can you collect? Winner collects the most!
6) Write and Illustrate a Short Story – start with a basic storyboard concept and build it out, finish with pictures and voila! Have family story time when everyone’s books are complete.
7) Get a Family Pet – with all this time inside, it’s a good time to bond with a new pet
8) Family Bike Ride – this one never gets old
9) Play Board Games – rotate game choice by family member
10) Family Walk – even if it’s just around the block, getting fresh air and being in nature is a big benefit during this stressful, anxiety-producing time
11) Clean / Organize / Declutter – pick one room a week!
12) Slow Down and Relax – mental health is particularly important during times of stress and crisis so make sure everyone is getting the rest they need
Make sure to follow us on social media where we are posting free online resources, tools, and tips for keeping families engaged and active during this unprecedented time. Let’s make the best of the time that we have together so we can weather this storm and come out with a stronger, more cohesive family unit.
We are #BetterTogether.
Be healthy. Stay safe. Keep moving!
– Your Dedicated WT Café Team